All HVAC Projects requiring Acceptance Testing must be registered by the Responsible Person.

The Responsible Person must be eligible under Division 3 of the Business and Professions code in the applicable classification:

  • Contractor
  • Engineer
  • Architect

Registration allows access to the Registry as Responible Person.

Register as an Responsible Person

An Enforcement Agency must have the authority to issue permits including the final Certification of Occupancy.

Registration will allow access to the Registry for California Enforcement Agencies.

Register as an Enforcement Agency


Technicians nd Employers must meet the eligibility and certification requirements as provided by the California Energy Commission approved Acceptance Test Technician Certification Providers (ATTCPs) Visit the Certifying Bodies page to find out more.